Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gluten-free coconut pecan macaroons

I now have a ton of coconut at my house. Well, more like a pound, but it feels like a ton. And, I need to use it up, so I whipped up these little cookies on July 4th. They were eaten up so fast that I didn't get a picture of the cookies, but I do have a picture of me baking, while winking. or squinting. or something....



And drinking this:


It was delicious! And, so are the cookies. Cheers!

Ingredients:

1 cup sifted coconut flour
1/2 cup grapeseed oil (vegetable or canola will work just as well)
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (make sure it says gluten-free)
1 teaspoon coconut extract (make sure it says gluten-free)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preparation:

Mix together oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut extract, salt, coconut flakes, pecans, and chocolate chips. Stir in coconut flour. Use tablespoon and drop batter on greased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy! Makes about 2 dozen.



No comments:

Post a Comment